Chapter 12 - Release Day and what comes next

Tomorrow will see the release on Kindle and in Paperback of The Poppy Garden, a project I've been working towards my whole life.

It's not quite sunk in yet, from tomorrow my work is public and open to others to read and interpret how they may.   I hope people like it, I hope they enjoy it, most of all I hope it means something to someone.

It's strange not having it to work on anymore, that story now at an end its like leaving a piece of you behind in order to move forward.  I have a choice, this was a genre I never intended to write in and soon enough I'll know whether it's a genre I can write, my choice will be what comes next.

Its time to start a new story chapter by chapter while The Poppy Garden is out there being read and reviewed by all who are tempted to pick up a copy.

But it's not really the end of that story - not the real story anyway.

The Poppy Garden was never just one piece of work, one story to tell, it's more about the legacy it comes from.  My Grandfather was my inspiration and not only has he inspired a book but now he's inspiring a new project, that may leave an even greater legacy.

The Poppy Garden is an idea that doesn't have to remain in the pages of the book - it does have a place in the real world and well I think it's about time it did.

So, the book is out, the story told and now the legacy begins, from last week The Poppy Garden NE go fund me site was established.  With the assistance of my brother we are establishing a fund to raise money to help us build The Poppy Garden to help and assist those like Nick who need help, support and a way to learn who they are again.

If you would like to help please visit the page THE POPPY GARDEN NE  and make a donation, follow us on TWITTER - @ThePoppyGarden  or Face Book @ThePoppyGardenNE and continue to follow the story after the last page of the book.

Thank you for your support for this blog and for this book and I will see you all soon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 10 - The Finish Line....

Chapter 11 - After the last word